Censornet Web Security
Web Security from Censornet provides protection from harmful, offensive or inappropriate content as well as managing time spent on websites that can have a significant impact on productivity.
Censornet Web Security Review
Censornet Web Security is a web filtering service which used to be aimed at the education market, but in recent years has pivoted away to more commercial business protection. The product is part of a larger unified service from Censornet. As their name suggests their service is focussed on providing protection for employees against harmful and inappropriate content at work, as well as blocking sites which can negatively impact productivity such as gaming and social media. They also offer optional malware protection and reporting of user web habits. Their service is available in the cloud, with on-premise options available as well.
Censornet is based in Basingstoke, UK.
Benefits of Censornet Web Security
- Filters over 500 different categories of web content and billions of web pages
- New URLs are analysed in real-time by machine learning algorithms
- Good admin controls with policies based on pre-defined or custom categories and keywords which can be applied to employees’ own devices at work as well as work devices
- Granular rules settings based on user, device or time of day
- In-depth data visualisation and reporting, which is available in real time and sorted based on time of access, user, devices, category of site, URL, outcomes
- Active directory integration
- Can operate without blocking pages but still monitoring employees
- Low price
- Customers report that the service works well
- Service has great controls for cloud applications and CASB, which makes it ideal for midsized companies
- Does not use proxying to the cloud so the service has a lower latency than some competitors
- Malware protection thorough URL repuation, and integrates with Bitdefender at an extra cost
What you should know about Censornet Web Security
- Malware protection is optional rather than an integral part of the service
- No outbound threat protection
- Censornet only offer Web Security as part of a unified service
Expert Insights Verdict on Censornet Web Security
Censornet Web Security is a service that is laser-focused on delivering good web filtering for business, over threat protection. This service is part of a unified cloud service for business. It offers comprehensive admin controls and threat protection to ensure that employees cannot access harmful content at work, whether they are on work devices, or they have brought their own personal devices. They filter billions of web pages and analyse new URLs in real time to ensure there is no harmful content slipping through the cracks. In addition, there is extensive reporting of employees to monitor what they have been searching for to highlight where employees are at risk or are breaking company policy. If you are more interested in this reporting functionality than blocking pages, Censornet offers a feature which allows you to monitor employees without blocking what they look at. However, the focus on blocking web pages is to the detriment of the threat protection against malware and viruses, which is optional and not as fully developed as competitor services like McAfee and Symantec. The data loss prevention features are also not as developed and are focussing on blocking employee access to sites which could threaten data loss rather than rounded outbound threat protection.
Expert Insights would recommend Censornet only to businesses looking for a cheap way to monitor and block employees from accessing either harmful web content or web content which is threatening productivity.Free Trial
CensorNet Vendor Overview
With our award-winning cloud-based security software we bring enterprise-class security and flexibility to over 4,000 customers around the world. From the point of user access to deep granular application transparency and control, our software helps organizations embrace the cloud without compromising security or frustrating users.
|Employees on LinkedIn||72|
|Revenue||$5 to $10 million (USD) per year|
|Support Team Location(s)||Basingstoke, UK|
Censornet Web Security Service Overview
|Censornet Knowledge Base||https://www.censornet.com/support/knowledgebase/|
|Censornet Support Page||https://www.censornet.com/support/|
There are no reviews for this service
Be the first to review this serviceAdd a review
Censornet Web Security Features
Explore the key features offered by Censornet Web Security. These features are what makes them unique and showcase what they can offer your business.
Censornet Web Security Features
|Threat Protection||Optionally protects against malware and other web threats at the gateway using multiple security layers and a powerful combination of technologies. URL Filtering, HTTPS Inspection, Anonymous proxy inspection.|
|Monitoring and Reporting||Real time visibility of employees, custom report builder, scheduler and alerting, top tends reports, multiple views, log retention and auto-archiving|
|Administrative Features||Policy engine, time scheduling, user authentication, Active Directory integration, delegated administration|
|Data Loss Prevention||Blocking unauthorised websites and security policies such as multi-factor authentication help to keep data safe|