MailChimp is an always-on marketing platform for small businesses. We make innovative, beautiful products that empower those businesses to find more customers.
This product is:
For: Customers who want an easy to use email marketing tool, with a great range of features at cost-effective pricing.
Not for: Customers who don’t want to spend time learning a service, and only need the most basic email marketing features.
Mail Chimp is a market leading email marketing tool. It offers businesses a range of features to help engage their audience. They are one of the biggest platforms in this market with over six billion emails sent every week. The platform has a focus on ease of use, advanced features and a high level of customer support.
Benefits of Mail Chimp
- The platform easily integrates with a number of apps and other services such as Salesforce
- Offers automation features to help simplify email marketing, including welcome emails, reminders about items left in carts and automatic product recommendations
- Easy to use and customisable email designer, which can be worked on by multiple people within a marketing team
- Range of templates and stock images available
- 96-99% mail delivery rates
- Free to use for personal accounts and small businesses
- High quality reporting available, which gives you a range of data to improve your campaigns
- Customer segments are easy to be identified, with the service predicting demographics so you can personalise your marketing to a specific audience
- Customers are very positive about customer support
- There are a range of advanced features for advanced email marketeers, such as using individual IP addresses
- You can create landing pages, social media ads and sign up forms as well as email forms
What you should know about Mail Chimp
- Customers have suggested that the advanced features can take some time to learn, but that support is very useful
- There will be some emails that are not delivered due to spam filters, due to the large size of Mail Chimps customer base
- Customers have noted that despite the free plan being very robust, the service can get very expensive for the most powerful plans
- Mail Chimp recently switched from double opt-in to single opt-in by default, which was a controversial choice among some customers. You can read more here: https://www.grahamcluley.com/can-no-longer-recommend-mailchimp/
Expert Insights Verdict on Mail Chimp
Mail Chimp is a powerful email marketing tool. The Email Design tool is simple to use, but offers advanced features. This allows you to create engaging designs that look exactly the way you want them to. The platform is very well suited to small business accounts who need to send out highly target emails to users. The platform allows them to do this with detailed analytics and reporting. This allows you to identify specific customer segments and demographics. You can then fine-tune your marketing to these audiences. This service also allows standard reports, such as seeing how much engagement your emails are getting. The service allows you to customise calls to actions and landing pages to help increase these engagement rates.
This service is not quite as simplified as some competitors. However, it offers advanced features and a number of integrations. Mail Chimp is a good option for an email marketing tool.Free Trial
Mail Chimp Vendor Overview
Mailchimp is an always-on marketing platform for small businesses. We make innovative, beautiful products that empower those businesses to find more customers.
|Employees on LinkedIn||772|
|Revenue||$500 million to $1 billion (USD) per year|
|Headquarters||Atlanta, GA (US)|
|Support Team Location(s)||Georgia, USA|
MailChimp Service Overview
There are no reviews for this service
Be the first to review this serviceAdd a review
Explore the features offered by MailChimp.
|Email Design Features||Advanced design features with simple to use drag and drop designer. Photo editor within the application, and collaborative working features.|
|Reports and Analytics||Growth, engagement and revenue reports. This allows you to monitor return on investment. A/B testing with comparative reports. Visibility of who opened emails and what they engage with.|
|Deliverability||96-99% email delivery rates. Larger size of organisation may increase the likelihood of blacklisting, but Mail Chimp has strict rules preventing spam.|
|Ease of Use||Customers say the product is easy to use once you get to grips with it. Learning advanced features will take time, however.|
Growing Business Package (Monthly)