Symantec Email Security.cloud Features:
- Sandboxing and behaviour analysis functionality protect businesses from emerging threats such as ransomware
- Strong phishing defence capabilities with threat isolation and impersonation controls
- Malware and anti-spam protection with anti-virus engines and reputation based analysis
- Symantec operates a market leading global intelligence network with information from over 175 million endpoints
- Integrates well with other Symantec products such as data loss protection and encryption
- Reports and analytics allow deep insights into the attacks
- Time of click link protection helps stop sophisticated attack campaigns
- Provides sandbox testing of attachments to protect against malware and ransomware
Symantec offer a email security solution aimed primarily a mid-sized to larger organisations. It offers organisations a good level of protection against phishing attacks, spam and malware and new emerging threats. The platform is powered by a huge intelligence network which ensures that protection is up to date and relevant for new threats. However, despite the generally high level of threat protection offered by Symantec, this solution does not compare well to other email gateway products. There have not been many new features added, and the service has stagnated compared to smaller vendors such as Barracuda, who have more innovative solutions and are more heavily focused on email security for business.
Symantec offer a reliable, robust platform. It’s not the easiest to learn or deploy, but it does offer a high level of threat protection. Large businesses who are looking to implement a reliable service that works, could consider shortlisting Symantec. However, more innovative and specialized platforms are available for email security. The recent acquisition of Symantec raises questions about the future R&D in the product.