Wombat ThreatSim® Phishing Simulations are an excellent addition to any security awareness training program, particularly those focused on fighting phishing attacks.
Wombat Security Review
Snapshot: Wombat provide security awareness training with interactive training modules.
Who are Wombat Security?
Wombat Security are a cloud based security awareness training platform. They were acquired by Proofpoint in 2018, and the Wombat Security service has become Proofpoint Security Awareness Training. They offer a range of modules which comprise their security awareness training platform. This includes phishing simulations, USB testing simulations, training modules and knowledge assessments. They have a focus on ease of use and efficiency with research based anti-phishing tools.
For: Companies looking for ongoing awareness and reinforcement techniques to increase security awareness.
Not For: Companies looking for the most advanced reporting and analytics for security awareness training.
- Range of simulated cyber attacks to test how security aware employees are, with phishing, USB and SMS simulations with customisable templates
- Well-researched and interactive training modules with a wide selection of videos, posters, images and articles to help engage users to remember security awareness materials
- Training modules are made for different sectors to help meet specific training needs, with ongoing and updated content
- Range of tests to measure employee’s security awareness outside of simulated phishing with ‘CyberStrength’ assessment platform
- They offer a managed option in which they set up simulated campaigns which is ideal for saving IT departments time
- ‘Phish Alarm’ feature is an email client plug-in which allows employees to report suspected phishing attacks
- Reporting within comprehensive security dashboard with reports and analytics to show the performance of security awareness training campaigns and measuring how well employees are improving over time
Wombat Security is a strong solution for security awareness training. It’s an easy to use and deploy service, with a single dashboard for monitoring all campaigns and reporting of results. There is a range of security testing on offer, with videos, posters, images and articles to get people engaged with security concerns. The simulated campaigns and training materials are all customisable, to help businesses make sure that they are getting training bespoke for their unique security needs. Customers highly praise the training material on offer, particularly the engaging video content.
Wombat also offer a ‘Phish Alarm’ function, which allows end users to report phishing attacks to IT departments. They also offer a ‘CybersStrength’ assessment platform which is a more traditional way to test employee’s cyber security awareness alongside security awareness training. The reporting functionality Wombat offer is not the most advanced reporting available, but it will demonstrate how employees are improving while using this material. Wombat Security is a capable solution for companies looking for ongoing security awareness training with engaging materials.Start A Free Trial
Wombat Security Vendor Overview
Wombat was born in 2008 from research at Carnegie Mellon University (CMU). While at CMU, the Wombat cofounders led the largest national research project on combating phishing attacks. Their goal was to address the human element in cybersecurity and develop novel, more effective anti-phishing filtering solutions.
Recognized as one of the fastest-growing technology companies in North America, Wombat are headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA and have offices in Denver, CO and London, UK — as well as global network of partner organizations. In March 2018, Wombat was acquired by Proofpoint, Inc., a leading cybersecurity company.
|Employees on LinkedIn||151|
|Revenue||$10 to $25 million (USD) per year|
|Headquarters||Pittsburgh, PA, US|
|Support Team Location(s)||Pittsburgh, PA, Denver, CO and London, UK|
Wombat Security Service Overview
|Wombat Security Status Page||https://status.wombatsecurity.com/|
|Learn to Spot Fraudulent Emails||https://web-demos.wombatsecurity.com/demos/v2-production-1532699357/?module=eml|
There are no reviews for this service
Be the first to review this serviceAdd a review
Wombat Security Features
Explore the key features offered by Wombat Security. These features are what makes them unique and showcase what they can offer your business.
Wombat Security Features
|Highly engaging teaching content||Over 35 interactive training modules to help employees increase security awareness|
|Managed option||Wombat will implement and run campaigns, giving reports on employee responses|
|Smishing and USB simulations||Wombat will also run simulations of SMS phishing attempts and USB phishing attempts|